Free Motion Quilting with Leonie Fraser 4 week course commencing 3 April
03/04/2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$200
Dates: Friday 3rd and 17th April, Thursday 23rd April and Friday 1st May
Times: 9:30 setup for 10am start – 2pm
Focus: Quilting techniques, focussing on free motion.
This course is a series of 4 sessions aimed at developing free motion quilting skills. If you do all the sessions and homework, you can decide whether you will end up with cushions, a throw or a bed quilt.
This course will encourage you to break away from straight lines with the walking foot and be a bit more creative in your quilting, taking you through the steps required and boost your confidence and creativity. You will be able to choose your material and will be provided with designs that you can confidently complete as well as being shown techniques to make your own designs.
Level of skill required for this workshop: All levels of experience with quilting welcome.
This workshop will develop the following skills:
- Fabric and batting choices and preparation for quilting
- Setting up your machine and work area for free motion quilting
- Planning and designing a quilt layout
- Techniques for creating designs and a pleasing appearance in the quilting
- Understanding and controlling speed and hand movement to control stitch length
- Techniques for starting and finishing lines of quilting stitches
A materials list will be provided on registration.
10:00 am - 2:00 pm