Introduction to Free Motion Quilting with Leonie Fraser Friday, 13 March 2020
13/03/2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm$75
Date: Friday, 13 March, 2020.
Time: 9:30 setup for a 10:00am start until 2:30pm
Focus: Machine quilting
This course will encourage you to break away from straight lines with the walking foot and be a bit more creative in your quilting, taking you through the steps required and boost your confidence. You will be provided with a choice of designs to work on using material of your own choice. This one-day session is an introduction to free motion quilting skills. The aim of the session is to provide the information and guidance to be able to use free-motion quilting on a cushion cover, and to take away the confidence to take your quilting further.
Fabric and batting will be discussed in the session and can be purchased from the store at the time of the class.
Level of skill required for this workshop: Beginners learning to quilt.
This workshop will develop the following skills:
- Using your domestic sewing machine safely and comfortably when quilting
- Choosing fabric, batting and thread for free motion quilting
- Setting up your machine for free motion quilting
- Transferring a design to your fabric
- Starting and finishing lines of stitching
- Regulating hand and speed for consistent stitch length
A materials list will be provided at time of registration.
10:00 am - 2:30 pm