Introduction to Patchwork on your Sewing Machine The Disappearing Nine Patch Saturday with Leonie Fraser 22 February 2020
22/02/2020 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm$85
Date: Saturday, 22 February 2020
Time: 9:30 setup for a 10:00am start until 3:00pm
Focus: Patchwork – Machine Piecing techniques
Quick and simple blocks are great to make to learn the skills of patchwork on your sewing machine, and they serve as a great springboard to being creative. In this workshop, we will look at the skills and techniques needed, sew perfect blocks, then mash it up to personalise and make something more sophisticated to show off your skills.
Level of skill required for this workshop: This workshop is suitable for beginners and those wanting to explore variations in a traditional block.
Note: This project uses quilters cotton only. You need to buy quilting fabric which is 100% cotton. This can be purchased at Canberra Sewing on the day if you are unsure of what is required.
This workshop will develop the following skills:
- Choosing fabrics that will contrast and complement each other in your finished work
- Cutting fabric accurately using a rotary cutter, ruler and mat
- Setting up your machine for piecing fabric
- Stitching an accurate ¼” seam
- Pressing and ironing fabric
- Matching seams for a perfect join
- Using straight line quilting to consolidate layers
- How to apply binding to finish a project.
A Materials list will be provided at the time of registration.
10:00 am - 3:00 pm