Machine Applique Christmas Table Runner with Leonie Fraser Friday 12 June 2020
12/06/2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm$75
Date: Friday, 12 June, 2020
Time: 9:30am set up for a 10:00 start until 2:30pm
Focus of this workshop: Machine Applique
This joyful runner is constructed in smaller parts so that you will be able to choose the words and pictures that you want to include. The sample in the shop and the photo has been made longer by including strips from a jelly roll – you can put as many or as few strips and applique rectangles together as you like to make this runner the perfect size for your table. You could also choose to present it as a wall hanging or individual place mats to add to your festive decorations.
Level of skill required for this workshop: Suitable for beginners and all levels of experience with machine applique.
This workshop will develop the following skills:
- Understanding machine applique techniques using clear polyester and decorative embroidery threads
- Choosing an appropriate machine applique technique for the task from satin stitch, buttonhole and raw edge
- Setting up and working with raw edge applique for a durable finish
- Using straight line quilting to consolidate the layers of a runner
- How to apply binding to finish a project.
You will be provided with patterns for the letters and a variety of Christmas themed patterns to use during the class.
A materials list will be provided on registration.
10:00 am - 2:30 pm