Machine Applique Xmas Table Runner with Leonie Fraser – Saturday 23 November 2019
November 23 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm$85
MACHINE APPLIQUE WITH LEONIE
Machine Applique Xmas Table Runner – Saturday 23 November 10am-2.30pm
This joyful runner is constructed in smaller parts so that you will be able to choose the words and pictures that you want to include. The sample in the shop and the photo has been made longer by including strips from a jelly roll – you can put as many or as few strips and applique rectangles together as you like to make this runner the perfect size for your table. You could also choose to present it as a wall hanging or individual place mats to add to your festive decorations. Suitable for all levels of experience with machine applique.
This workshop will develop the following skills:
• Understanding machine applique techniques using clear polyester and decorative embroidery threads
• Choosing and appropriate machine applique technique for the task from satin stitch, buttonhole and raw edge
• Setting up and working with raw edge applique for a durable finish
• Using straight line quilting to consolidate the layers of a runner
• How to apply binding to finish a project.
You will be provided with patterns for the letters and a variety of Christmas themed patterns to use during the class.
- November 23
10:00 am - 3:00 pm