ScanNCut Christmas Throw with Leonie Fraser 2 Day Course commences Saturday 20 June 2020
June 20 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm$150
Dates: Saturday 20 June and Saturday 27 June, 2020
Times: 9:30am set up for a 10:00 start until 2:30pm
Focus of this workshop: Machine Applique with a Brother ScanNCut
If you have a Brother ScanNCut and a sewing machine, you can make a stunning Christmas throw to decorate your home – this one goes over the back of a lounge, on a table, or a bed to give a little Christmas Cheer. All the shapes in it are included in your ScanNCut, and we will look at all the techniques needed to make them fit your block size, then cut them in material ready to applique. On the second day, we will set up sewing machines, look at stitches to applique the shapes to the blocks, sew the blocks and once sewn, how to add decoration (a bit of Bling!).
This can be completed as a lightweight throw or a table runner. It can be completed with or without batting to make it suitable for a summer Christmas. Your materials needs will change if you choose one of these options.
Level of skill required for this workshop: Suitable for beginners and all levels of experience with their Brother ScanNCut machine and machine applique.
This workshop will develop the following skills:
- Using a Brother ScanNCut to prepare material for applique
- Choosing, re-sizing and placing the components of a file to cut them with the ScanNCut
- Understanding machine applique techniques using clear polyester and decorative embroidery threads
- Choosing an appropriate machine applique technique for the task from satin stitch, buttonhole and raw edge, and setting up the sewing machine to complete the stitch
- Combining machine applique with simple machine piecing to make up the desired size of the project
- Using straight line quilting to consolidate the layers of the project
- Applying binding to finish a project.
A materials list will be provided on registration.
- June 20
10:00 am - 2:30 pm